I love my little boy.
Sure, I love the dimples, and big smiles. And the way he kisses my head and says "it's okay" if he thinks I'm sad. But in between causing mayhem and madness, he really tries to make my life easier. Although I think his motivation comes more from an insanely high desire to do everything himself rather than impress ol' mom.
Take his latest trick - blowing his nose. By himself on a tissue instead of handing me his freshly picked boogers (I guess that's better than him eating them). Then putting the tissue into the garbage. Without being asked.
The kid even puts the toilet seat down.
Let me awake from my swoon to ponder my good luck here.
And no, he's not potty trained. Not even close as far as I can tell. But he loves to sit on the potty, pants down or not, and flush when he's "done" and then wash his hands.
Now we just have to work in that critical in-between step of actually doing his business while he's there...
I know with each of these little milestones, discoveries and "me do" moments he's moving ever farther away from his babyhood (yes, yes. You were right. It does go by fast). And there are days I note the passage with a little twinge in my heart. But a kiss from mommy nearly always makes it better, and we still have chubby thighs to ponder and munch (his, not mine), huggy bear hugs and small hands to hold.
And any skill learned that reduces my involvement with sticky, stinky or just plain gross is one more skill I will applaud!
No comments:
Post a Comment