Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Land of I Do

There once was a little boy who liked to have his Mommy and Daddy help him do things like walking up stairs, getting dressed, putting on shoes, opening the door and so much more.

One day, not too long ago, this little boy discovered a new magical land, it looked just like the world he had been living in, but in this new place, he could do everything by himself!

This new magical place was called the Land of I Do. In the Land of I Do, the little boy figured out that he can do many (very important of course) things all by himself. Even if he can’t really do something, in the Land of I Do, the little boy sternly says “I DO!” whenever Mommy and Daddy, or even Grandma, tries to help.

But secretly the little boy, who tries so hard to be a big boy, likes it when Mommy offers to hold his hand when they go up and down stairs or help put on his sneakers. At times like these, the little boy hugs his mommy's leg or head and says "tanks."

In the Land of I Do, the little boy is a big help to Mommy and Daddy. He opens and closes doors, puts trash in the garbage can, gets all his toys out on his own and sometimes puts them back, turns the water on and off, flushes the toilet, stirs the soup and helps clean up the garage.

Sometimes it’s hard for the little boy when he wants to do something dangerous or just not possible, so Mommy and Daddy have to remind him that some things aren’t “I Do.” Like putting on diapers or undoing his car seat buckle while the car is moving. Being told “no” makes the little boy very mad and sulky.

In the Land of I Do, mornings can be kind of tough on the little boy. Because even though he’s not ready to get out of bed, or be awake, he still wants to do everything by himself. But he’s soo tired. *yawn* And soo grumpy. *grr* And he just doesn’t have all the words he needs to say how he feels. So there are lots of tears and frustration in the Land of I Do on mornings like these. Because Mommy has to try to guess which of the hundreds of “I Do” moments she missed and let the little boy redo a few so that peace will be restored to the Land of I Do.


Since this little boy is usually a very good little boy, the Land of I Do is a place where Mommy and Daddy are okay to be living in, especially since they really do like this little boy.

Especially since even in the Land of I Do, he gives the best huggy bear hugs and smooshy moosh smooches.

The End.

No comments: