We had a lovely and low-key Thanksgiving filled with Turkey goodness and Wiekings. Although it did end on a surreal note as we unexpectedly had to say a sad farewell to old Jo, who was Rob’s parent’s four-legged friend, right after dinner was over. Pie anyone?
Now that we are officially in the holiday season (ha, you stinking marketers, I made it past Thanksgiving without giving into your foul designs on my wallet) I am ready to make merry with the tinsel, tree and lights. Especially since we have a fancy new fireplace to decorate and admire.
Even with the anticipated trauma of the special circle of hell that is an airport (it’s decorated in tinsel, ya’ll!) during holiday travel season, I am looking forward to heading south for Christmas. I’m feeling far away right now, and even though my mom is feeling relatively fine for going through the chemical travails of chemo, I have a craving for a real hold-on-tight, rock back and forth a bit, try not to cry hug.
The boy and I will travel down first, and Rob will join us on the weekend. I have traveled with Colin alone before, and although it’s the longest few hours ever spent, at least I know he will have fun with the people.
Oh, how he loves the people.
If one of his favorites is not around, he is perfectly happy going up to strangers for hugs. *cringe*
I think Colin will enjoy Christmas a lot this year, maybe not quite understanding the whole mystique of the big man in the red suit, but certainly enjoying time with his pack of cousins and aunts and uncles.
Better get back to
RIP Jo Jo dog.
1 comment:
Those of us down south can't wait
to see you also. Love R.
Post a Comment