Saturday, November 17, 2007

We’re getting through

Colin finds a certain amount of glee in disobeying. No to him is apparently toddler code for go for broke. IE: No, don’t bite. CHOMP CHOMP. No, don’t bang the metal toy on the wood floors. BAM BAM. No, don’t drop your food off the tray. HURL HUCK SQUISH. No, you’re driving mommy crazy. DADA! WAN DADA!!

Little wonder that Rob and I are all about the shrugs when we’re trying to determine if he’s learning anything from us.

One of our favorite activities is nibble the toddler. We love to take a munch or two out of the irresistibly chubby arms and thighs as they flail within reach. Hey, fairs fair. He certainly doesn’t hesitate to take a bite out of us now and then.

Since we are in the midst of yet another (ohgodmakeitstop) home improvement project, we’ve been banished down to the bedrooms to stay out of the way. Colin and I had fun hanging out on our bed watching Baby Crack Einstein videos to stay occupied on this particular rainy day. I saw a nibble opportunity and I took it, and was then surprised to have Colin round on me, point his finger, furrow his brow and say in all seriousness, “no bite, mama.”

I had Rob test it out later and he got the same stern admonishment. Who would have thunked it, he’s actually absorbing our ad nauseum repeated cries of no this and no that.

That doesn’t mean we’ll stop the nibbles, it’s kind of funny to have him tell us no. Hmm, that sounds familiar…


No comments: