Monday, September 10, 2007

What would Freud say?

I had a very vivid dream last night, or rather, very early this morning. I have to write it down because it's so odd and I want to figure it out!

So I dreamt that I returned home from somewhere and my brother Rusty was telling me that we had to have a immunization switch installed in Colin. Rusty knew that I would want to be in on the decision, but he did it anyway. Apparently he felt bad about the way it ended up. The doctor on duty was a gal from high school. She insisted that the switch had to be installed...in Colin's face. So I went in to see Colin he had this big red on/off switch implanted in his right cheek. And there were flaps where you could lift up the skin (it was like a doll skin, no blood) and see the inside of the switch, which was kind of hollow like an electrical box in a wall. He was unfazed by this development.

I lost it. I said, why couldn't you put it in his chest instead of on his face? The doctor just shrugged and I screamed at her that I would sue her. Then in my dream mind I realized that the immunization switch looked a lot like the automatic chemo pump you often see hooked up to cancer patients. I then proceeded (in my dream) to crumple against a wall in my childhood room and sob and sob.

Then I woke up.

What the hell?

I can guess on a few elements. Colin is fascinated by switches and Opa gave him a red switch to play with. Rusty is our designated guardian justincase. But the switch in the face? An "immunization pump"? My room that no longer exists? I'm off to find a good e-dream interpreter!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Laura, at least it was about immunization ... not circumcision. I still think you're a great mom!
K-rock