Thursday, September 06, 2007

I'm his Mama

I took Colin to work with me last week to gather up a few items I needed to collate at home for a work project.* I think this little ball of positive energy is generally welcomed at the office, which is at times in dire need of some oomph. Being the social creature that he is, Colin took off exploring people's cubes and generally flirting with and captivating 9anyone he came across.

I took the advantage and gathered my things from around the office, trying to keep one eye on Colin in case he decided to dismantle someone's desk. It was pretty darn heartmelting to round a corner into his line of sight, see his face light up and let loose a two-decible MAAAMAAA!!!!!! and run towards me with open arms for a thigh-crushing hug.

He likes me. He really does.

*By the way, I'm through daydreaming about wanting a mindless job that doesn't require me to think. After putting together two hundred marketing kits in a production line frenzy, my brain was literally numb when I left the office. When I had to think again to drive home, it felt like little pins and needles were waking up all the synapses who napped during the dull, repititious hours of work.

No comments: