Friday, September 07, 2007

How was your day, honey?

Don’t you love it when, at the end of a particularly trying day, a song comes on to create a cosmic alignment of epic proportions that sums up your crappy day to a T?

Bitch
Meredith Brooks

I hate the world today yep

You're so good to me
I know but I can't change too late for that
Tried to tell you actually I waited until I had the ring
But you look at me like maybe
I'm an angel underneath
Innocent and sweet except when confronted with a-hole after a-hole today, and feeling trapped in the company of a particularly fretful toddler who had to watch me transform into mean mommy at the shoe store. Then that anger turned inward into a gut-wrenching spasm of ohmygodI’mnotfittobeColin’s mom guilt and inadequacy in the car as Colin sniffled and snuffled and struggled with his hurt feelings as we headed home
Yesterday I cried and whined, and pouted and gave you the silent treatment
Must have been relieved to see
The softer side or else befuddled you even more
I can understand how you'd be so confused
I don't envy you no, no I don’t
I'm a little bit of everything
All rolled into one kinda like a complex smoothie

[Chorus:]I'm a bitch no comment
I'm a lover hubba hubba

I'm a child still a card-holding member of the bratty club
I'm a mother your fault

I'm a sinner, not that I’ll admit
I'm a saint in public that is

I do not feel ashamed well, I can get kind of sheepish
I'm your hell, I'm your dream check and check
I'm nothing in between nope, not an iota
You know you wouldn't want it any other way how dull life would be

So take me as I am I know that's asking a lot sometime, I dont' even want to take me as I am
This may mean
You'll have to be a stronger man poor guy
Rest assured that
When I start to make you nervous “there she goes again”
And I'm going to extremes
Tomorrow I will change gotta keep you on your toes
And today won't mean a thing now, we both know I tend to hold a grudge and then there's the whole, how do days like today affect Colin in the long run

[Chorus]

Just when you think, you got me figured out ha, in your dreams
The season's already changing kind of like Portland – hot cold hot cold
I think it's cool, you do what you do cause you’re a keeper like that
And don't try to save me yes, save me

No comments: