Monday, January 26, 2009

And just like that

We're done with diapers. We've actually been done for a few weeks. But when I realized yesterday that the poor kid only had a handful of "unnawears" and I had to go stock up for him, it kind of hit me that that's that. This moment is something we've been looking forward to for a long ass time while, and true to all the "been there done that" advice, Colin just kind of decided he was on board the toilet train and is exceedingly proud to show us all his good, um, works. Every time.

Not to say that we just let him run loose. He still needs an occasional reminder to go and welcomes a little assistance in the er, cleaning up department. But we are proud of our Bumble and our wallet is ever so pleased to be done with the diaper bill. We'll still have nighttime pullups for a while but I can roll wit dat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for Colin! Grandma is very proud.