What can I say? We have a new president. As I watched Barack Obama make his inspirational speech, I knew I'd never forget the moment. Oh, not so much for his words - which were eloquent for sure. And not really for the grandeur of the masses gathered in the Capitol, which bless their hearts - you couldn't get me near a crowd that big for anything.
No, the memory will forever be imprinted that as our 44th president addressed the nation for the first time, I was holding a bowl in front of Colin so he wouldn't barf all over the playroom floor. So were the tears for the dawn of a new day? Or were they connected to the gag reflex that was being tamped down as I tried to comfort The Boy while not getting too close to the aroma at the same time?
Something to ponder, that's for sure.
1 comment:
He barfed during the presentation of the messiah, er I mean the Inauguration? You know what they say about kids and their powers of observation. Perhaps there is "hope" for this one. I feel a strong disturbance in the Force. Search your feelings Colin.......
Post a Comment