But as the Bumble continues his lightening fast language comprehension, I find it’s a little easier to find things that Colin can actually help me with. He’s a great helper. Always willing to scoot the dust buster around the floor, put clothes into the washer or dryer, put his toys away, and lately, he’s enjoyed helping me cook. Give that boy a spoon and watch him stir away! I love the way he replies to my requests for assistance, “Shuuree! I hep you!”
We had a good Labor Day weekend. Less labor, more weekend. My kind of ratio. Rob’s folks were here for part of it. I'm learning not to be offended that Colin doesn't bother to deign me with attention when grandparents and/or dogs are around. He did show off a doozy of a tantrum in front of them, because normally he likes to make Rob and I look like liars when we talk about his shenanagins to our parents.
To help ease the drama of saying goodbye, I asked Colin to help me make some cookies. I measured out the ingredients and he did a great job of getting them mostly into the bowl. I know that my writing tends towards the vent, but I do actually enjoy my kid. Especially when he looks like this.

And this…

And this…

But not so much when he looks like this.

Or this. Well, he does look kind of cute when he looks like this. But not the sound.
No comments:
Post a Comment