I wonder when Mother’s Day will become a day I want to spend WITH my kid rather than hiding upstairs wallowing in the contents of my craft closet (my chosen activity for the day)?
Oh, no worries. We had some fun family time enjoying a tasty breakfast at the Heathman Hotel. Colin and Rob presented me with a generous gift certificate to a spa (this in addition to the most beautifultastic flowers that arrived the other day).
I’ve said it recently, but I’ll say it again. I love my little guy and today I thanked him for making me a mom. Good timing too, a minute later he screamed “MIIINEEEE,” dumped over the vase on the table and water cascaded across the fine white table linen. Check, please!! Ah, the joys.
I feel the miles today. I know the rest of the family is gathered with mom at my parent's house, sitting around the pool, talking, laughing, ragging on each other, eating steak. But at least I’m secure in the knowledge that as the favored child, my visit in a few weeks (favorite grandchild in tow) will eclipse whatever the other kids presented mom with today. What? Isn’t one-upping your siblings the game of the day at your house on Mother’s Day?
Happy Mother’s Day to all the wonderful mom’s out there! *MWAH*
No comments:
Post a Comment