The last week or so I’ve been getting news that is just not good. Young mothers with cancer, sick babies and babies that need to be convinced that the world isn’t quite ready for them.
I like to consider myself an optimist. Consciously or not, I try to find something good or positive in everything. But Cancer? In a young mother especially? (not to mention my own been around the block mom who is still very much needed) Not a one. Not a single. One. Good. thing can be associated with that horrendous word. And sick babies? Nope, nothing there either. And babies too eager to enter the world? Nada.
I always feel a bit awkward replying to people asking for prayers. I wish there was another way to say, “sending you good, positive thoughts,” which never sounds as good-intentioned as prayers, although they absolutely are just as strong and purposeful. I guess I could just say, “I’m praying for you/your friend/your child.” But I feel kind of false doing that since I’m not directing the mojo to any specific religious figure.
One of the most enjoyable aspects of Yoga for me is that before and after you practice, you sit quietly for a moment and generate positive energy for anything and anyone that needs it, including yourself. Always, always, always, my first thought is for my mom. And then I add in anyone who I’ve heard needs a little extra care. I’ve noticed that the more I open my heart to pump out good vibes, the more capacity I have to give it.
So maybe that’s it. That’s one good thing that can come out of these horribly sad situations. I can open my heart to hope and heal, in order to create more hope and healing. And I think that’s a wonderful thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment