My trip to Rhode Island was interesting. Not in the mind-expanding sense of the word. More in the hmmm... form. Here are a few of the more interesting moments.
Interesting…
Who knew that Tommy Chong lived in Portland? My shuttle driver must have been harvested off the same green, stinky plant as good ol cheech and chong. Right down to the stoner tone and pitch of voice. A sample of our conversation:
T Chong: So what kind of work do you do?
Me: I work for a trade association, helping promote credit unions in the state.
T Chong: Huh. Trade…like bartering and stuff?
Me: Ah…no.
T Chong: Yeah…(trailing off into awkward silence)
Interesting…
Crying kids on planes don’t bother me anymore. Sure it’s annoying, but I can much more identify with the mom trying to do anything and everything to get the child to calm down than the curmudgeon couple who clearly have no recollection of traveling with children, especially on red-eye flights.
Interesting…
If you stick your knee up against the seat in front of you, you can thwart the attempts of the person to gain the 2.4 degrees of incline that our comfy coach seats offer. That is, until he grabs hold of the top of the seat and whams the seat back. That’s not so good on the knees. I made him regret it though.
Interesting…
A Jimmy Buffet cover band a good dinner cruise does not make.
Interesting…
Sitting behind a group of my female peers, who were loudly and proudly proclaiming the fears and reasons they weren’t going to have kids, and realizing that every reason given was one that I had expressed not more than three years ago, and that have all been disproved in less than two.
Interesting…
Rhode Island airport has the. Slowest. Airport. Security. Line. Ever. I was wondering if they were doing full cavity searches up there.
Interesting…
The knowledge of the five extra inches of leg room that was waiting for me in my exit row seat gave me the patience to endure a three hour flight delay, plus one more hour that ticked by as we were seated on the plane, trapped by a thunder/lightening storm that was going to “pass any minute.”
Interesting…(truly)
I was lucky to witness a lightning storm raging away at 36,000 feet into the cloudy night sky just outside my plane window. The clouds were white and fluffy enough to rival any cotton candy. The lightening was relentless and I kept expecting shock waves of thunder to hit the plane. What made it even cooler was the clear starry sky sitting just above the storm. Momma Nature is wonderful
Interesting…
Jet lag must be named because you feel like you’ve left the functioning portion of your brain behind in another time zone, hoping it shows up before you actually have to do something productive.
Interesting…
Soss was more excited to see me than my son. It will break my heart when I have to hear him say, “mommy, don’t go” or “Mommy, I miss you!” but a little extra hug wouldn’t be taken as chopped liver.
No comments:
Post a Comment