Most people know that I’m a sushi nut. I love me some sushi! I’ve started venturing into the art of making sushi, and have had some tasty, if not yet artistic, success. I made sushi rolls last night, this time with raw fish. We are lucky to live near a fantastic Japanese grocery store that sells fish so fresh they are still swimming (literally – there’s like a huge aquarium in the store). I picked up a little tuna and salmon sashimi and prepared to experiment.
Rob and I ended up enjoying variations on Tuna and Salmon rolls, while Colin ate up his whole Hillshire Roll - a little creation I came up with since I didn’t think he would or should eat raw fish yet. I just chopped up some extra Hillshire sausage I had, and rolled it up in rice and nori. Sliced thin and voila. I honestly didn’t expect him to eat it, but he gobbled it right up.
He also is getting the hang of edamame and can peel it open pretty well now. I love that Colin is an adventurous eater so far. We like to eat a lot of different ethnic foods and want Colin to be able to join us for culinary adventures.
The other week he stuck his inquisitive paw into some salsa and boy did he feel the heat! I thought he would stay away from it after that, but he reached out for some more…hopefully he's inherited my cast iron stomach!
1 comment:
Sounds like fun! I've always wanted to learn how to make sushi...we love it too!
Post a Comment