Friday, February 08, 2013

Just three things

I want to get writing again. I saw another blogger I read return to the blog by just writing about three quick things that may or may not be related. So here’s my first go.

He is a natural on the snow!
1. We took Colin up to Mt. Hood for his first ski lesson of the season yesterday. It was fun! We headed up the hill after a super fun dance Birthday party on Saturday (hip hop Colin – it was hilarious) and stayed at the Resort at the Mountain (thank you Groupon). We then gained a bit more altitude up at Timberline for the day on Sunday. Rob and I just hung out in the lodge and to be honest, we didn’t talk much. I read my book and he watched a movie on the laptop. It was so refreshing to just be in each other’s presence and not talk about the house, our worries or what we had on our to-do list.

Life is good.
2. I found out this week I didn’t get a big project that I did a proposal for. But to be honest, I feel like the exercise of “casting the line” was more important for me. And to be more honest probably the only reason I’m not curled up in an anxiety ridden ball is that I have lined up some other work projects with returning clients. Yay! It’s so rewarding to work with people who truly love what they do. It’s evident in how they always come to the table excited to share what new things are going on, willing to listen to new ideas and get feedback on what they are doing. 

My construction kitchen...ugh

But it was worth it for this!
3. Our new home is coming along nicely. We’ve been here for five months now and have gotten more done than we did in our first fixer upper after five years. When we moved in, we knew we had a lot of updating to do to make the place ours but the potential is worth it. But I’m not gonna lie, there is a lot to do. The previous owners’ priority was not house maintenance or keeping the interior updated... I’m just so happy to have a brand new kitchen and super quiet nights. Now that spring is starting to think about springing, I’m starting to do some dreaming about the yard. I’d also be super excited to get a few chickens this year. Just sayin.

No comments: