Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Sad One

Colin is sad. He is HEAVY SIGHtm Saaad.

Lately whenever Colin gets told no, or stop, or willyouquitthat, he gets HEAVY SIGHtm Saaad. And puts on such a heavy frown that his whole head droops as he mopes away saying “I’m sad” to sit on his stool in the downstairs bathroom.


I have no idea where this came from. I admit, I’m a pouter. But I don’t get HEAVY SIGHtm sad and slink around the house. I get GLOWERY BROWS AND CROSSED ARMStm saaad. And Rob gets STOMPY FEET AND UNDER THE BREATH REMARKStm Saaad.


The sad bathroom? Have no idea. But when I go in to check on him he appropriately has his head in his hands, a distant glaze on the eyeballs, and a lower lip that’s dragging the floor.

I was a bit alarmed by this new development the first five times I saw him do it and rushed to his side to try to cheer up the bumble. Then I began to think it’s a ploy, because apparently the poor, only child doesn’t get enough attention from ol mom and dad.

Now I know it's a ploy. Because tonight when I was cooking dinner, I asked him (quite nicely actually) to quit trying to use the can opener on the cat. When I ignored his HEAVY SIGHtm Saaad trip to the sad stool, in the sad bathroom, he hollered through the closed door, “Mommy! I said I sad, come say ‘what’s wrong!’ so I’m be happy!”

No comments: