
We traveled to Palm Desert for a long weekend of rest and relaxation. The trip started off great, we got to thea;lsdkhf;aonewoayiuy,,… Hand over the keyboard mommy, I’m going to give the real story about this trip!
Colin boy here, ready to give a report on our first family vacation! It’s about time, guys. I’m almost two after all! You keep trotting off without me, well, this time, I wanted to go and see what all the fuss was about. Good thing Mommy got a good deal on this resort preview. She and daddy did a good job avoiding the sales pitch since we got a special rate to “preview” the timeshare. And Mommy said we better take one more flight where I get to fly free. Cause I'll be a two-year old soon and that's when the freebies stop.
We had a super early flight, cause Mommy thinks it’s better to get the travel over with early and still have a day to play. Daddy did all the packing and planning this time, cause he thinks Mommy gets too uptight when we travel. She said, okay mister, you do it all then. He did, but I don't think he realized what he was in for but he did a great job in the planning seat. So well that mommy might let him take over the travel hat.
Our plane was really really small, and I had to sit on daddy’s lap the whole flight. I didn’t really like that. Why would I want to sit still for three hours? But mommy and daddy had a good bag of tricks and I was a pretty good boy for the flight.
Our hotel was out in the middle of a bunch of sand and golf courses. Our room was really big! It had a bedroom, a kitchen and a family room (that’s where I slept), and lots of windows and glass that I put my paws all over. The best part was a balcony where I could throw bread to a family of ducks who lived in the pond right below us. They said quack quack a lot and I thought it was funny.
The desert sure has a lot of old people in it! But they all think I’m cute so they are okay with me. I gave out lots of hugs and pats for free and made lots of people smile. Mommy and daddy said that this place wasn’t really kid-friendly, but I sure made myself at home wherever we went so I don’t know what they are talking about.
We played in the pool a lot. I love to go swimming! I can float and blow bubbles, but mostly I forget and suck in the water instead. Yuck!
We went to see great-grandma MaryAnn this weekend. She is 97 years old! That’s like, a lot more old than I am! She said I was very tall and we played peek a boo. She laughed with me and smiled a lot. I gave her lots of hugs. I’m so happy we got to visit her.
We also went on a tram. It went up, up, up into a mountain. Mommy didn’t like looking down out the window, so she just looked up. I liked trying to get everyone’s attention! I was a little stinker in the restaurant and made Daddy all red in the face when I screamed a lot.
Getting home took a whole long long day. The stupid Horizon airline sent us through Boise to Portland, which daddy said makes no sense, especially when they have little guys like me on the plane and when I get crabby, everyone gets crabby! But I was a good boy and napped on the first flight. Then the dumb flight attendants put their noisy drink cart right in front of me and woke me up too soon.
Then the flight from Boise to home was delayed until 9pm. Mommy and Daddy were annoyed, but I sure had fun going up and down the escalator, the elevator and all around the terminal over and over again. Even though I was really tired, I didn’t want to sleep on the plane, so I just whined and cried so that everyone would know how tired I was. Mommy said that when I’m really mad and say/scream no! to everything, I sound like an agitated muppet. It makes her laugh, which makes me even more mad mad mad.
Boy, I was soo happy to be home and get into my own snuggy bed. I even slept in a bit. I have to keep mommy and daddy guessing!
That’s all for now peeps! This is Colin and I’m signing out. Peas.
Colin boy here, ready to give a report on our first family vacation! It’s about time, guys. I’m almost two after all! You keep trotting off without me, well, this time, I wanted to go and see what all the fuss was about. Good thing Mommy got a good deal on this resort preview. She and daddy did a good job avoiding the sales pitch since we got a special rate to “preview” the timeshare. And Mommy said we better take one more flight where I get to fly free. Cause I'll be a two-year old soon and that's when the freebies stop.
We had a super early flight, cause Mommy thinks it’s better to get the travel over with early and still have a day to play. Daddy did all the packing and planning this time, cause he thinks Mommy gets too uptight when we travel. She said, okay mister, you do it all then. He did, but I don't think he realized what he was in for but he did a great job in the planning seat. So well that mommy might let him take over the travel hat.
Our plane was really really small, and I had to sit on daddy’s lap the whole flight. I didn’t really like that. Why would I want to sit still for three hours? But mommy and daddy had a good bag of tricks and I was a pretty good boy for the flight.
Our hotel was out in the middle of a bunch of sand and golf courses. Our room was really big! It had a bedroom, a kitchen and a family room (that’s where I slept), and lots of windows and glass that I put my paws all over. The best part was a balcony where I could throw bread to a family of ducks who lived in the pond right below us. They said quack quack a lot and I thought it was funny.
The desert sure has a lot of old people in it! But they all think I’m cute so they are okay with me. I gave out lots of hugs and pats for free and made lots of people smile. Mommy and daddy said that this place wasn’t really kid-friendly, but I sure made myself at home wherever we went so I don’t know what they are talking about.
We played in the pool a lot. I love to go swimming! I can float and blow bubbles, but mostly I forget and suck in the water instead. Yuck!
We went to see great-grandma MaryAnn this weekend. She is 97 years old! That’s like, a lot more old than I am! She said I was very tall and we played peek a boo. She laughed with me and smiled a lot. I gave her lots of hugs. I’m so happy we got to visit her.
We also went on a tram. It went up, up, up into a mountain. Mommy didn’t like looking down out the window, so she just looked up. I liked trying to get everyone’s attention! I was a little stinker in the restaurant and made Daddy all red in the face when I screamed a lot.
Getting home took a whole long long day. The stupid Horizon airline sent us through Boise to Portland, which daddy said makes no sense, especially when they have little guys like me on the plane and when I get crabby, everyone gets crabby! But I was a good boy and napped on the first flight. Then the dumb flight attendants put their noisy drink cart right in front of me and woke me up too soon.
Then the flight from Boise to home was delayed until 9pm. Mommy and Daddy were annoyed, but I sure had fun going up and down the escalator, the elevator and all around the terminal over and over again. Even though I was really tired, I didn’t want to sleep on the plane, so I just whined and cried so that everyone would know how tired I was. Mommy said that when I’m really mad and say/scream no! to everything, I sound like an agitated muppet. It makes her laugh, which makes me even more mad mad mad.
Boy, I was soo happy to be home and get into my own snuggy bed. I even slept in a bit. I have to keep mommy and daddy guessing!
That’s all for now peeps! This is Colin and I’m signing out. Peas.
1 comment:
Yo Colin,
When you come visit me I'll show you many other ways to keep your mommy and daddy guessing.
Love, Your favorite Uncle
Post a Comment