I’ve expressed my love for this tween season before. The summer heat is gone, but the winter blahs have yet to sink their teeth in. And can you get any more beautiful colors out there? I was taking a little ramble today to clear out the afternoon cobwebs and it dawned on that it’s the language of fall that I love in particular. Here is some of my favorite fallesque verbage:
Hazy
Toasted
Rich
Autumnal
Comfy
Warm
Snuggle
Tucked-in
Warmies (as in Get your warmies on!)
Pumpkin
Burnt
Nip in the air
On the sense side:
Sight – multi colored trees framed against a blue fall sky; Colin in flannel footy jamjams.
Sound – crunchy leaves underfoot, the way words carry in the slightly hollow air.
Smell – Roasting pumpkin seeds, faint whiff of woodsmoke in the air, a cold fall morning.
Taste – casseroles, hot lattes, comfort food.
Touch – Colin’s warm feet on my cold hands, kissing Rob’s chilly cheek after a walk outside.
No comments:
Post a Comment