Thursday, August 27, 2009

How I Roll

Proof of just how not spontaneous I am. This is my standard vacation planning/insanity reduction system for any travel longer than two days. I have a separate page of addresses to plug into our TomTom nav system (now with the Eddie Izzard voice commands thankyouverymuch).



When I hear people talk about how they travel by whim hither and yon, and just book their hotels along the way, I have to hide my sweaty palms and just kind of whimpery smile at their free birdyness and utter lack of fear of NO ROOMS AVAILABLE. I even reserved beds at hostels in the UK when I backpacked there. Yea...not so free bird here.

1 comment:

CheleTales said...

You and I are so alike on this. :) Have you seen www.tripit.com? If you send them your reservation confirmations, they'll pull your itinerary together for you. Of course, I think I still like my own method better, but always good to know. :)

Have a great time on your getaway.